Tennessee Brown Phosphate is one of the cleanest slow-release sources of phosphorus available. Tennessee Brown Phosphate is derived from high grade phosphorus ore. It is not a colloidal or a hard rock form of phosphate, but rather a unique source of natural phosphate. Lab tests show an average content of 23% phosphorus in the form of P2O5, 21% calcium, with the added benefit of 22% Silicon in addition to broad spectrum of trace minerals. Tests show that when compared to other phosphate sources Tennessee Brown Phosphate contains the least amount of heavy metal contaminants.
Benefits: Increases photosynthesis; increases forage quality; increases Brix giving insect and disease resistance & added test weight; excellent for microbial stimulation including mycorrhizial formation on roots. Excellent calcium source – 20% - and for composting operations to increase available trace minerals – see sidebar: shown in ppm or %. Tennessee Brown Phosphate is NOP certified and OMRI-listed and allowed for use on organic farms.
- Amending soil: Apply up to 5 lbs. / 100 sq.ft.
- If planting in rows, mix with the seed or starter plant and apply up to 1 lb. per 50 ft of row.
- 300 to 500+ lbs / acre on phosphate deficient soils, and less on fertile soils.
- Compost Tea: Use as a food source for fungi. To increase the growth of fungi in your compost tea, pretreat your compost with 1/4 tsp of finely ground rock phosphate and 1 tsp organic oat or wheat flour for each cup of worm castings, forest humus, mushroom compost, or mature compost.
- Add 1 teaspoon per 5 gallons of compost tea
- General Use: Mix 2.5 tbsp. per gallon of water for lawns, gardens, trees and shrubs (will cover 40 sq. ft.).
- Trees and perennials: Apply 1 - 10 lb. per planting hole, depending on plant size.
- Transplants: 1 - 2 tablespoons per 4-6" planting hole.
- Potted plants: Mix 1 teaspoon per 2" pot diameter with potting soil before planting.
Larger rates are possible thereby creating semi-permanent phosphate reserves that will not leach or tie-up calcium.
Nitrogen (N)...................... 0%
Phosphorus (P2O5)........ 22.7%
Potassium (K)................... 0.37%
Calcium (Ca).................. 21.2%
Iron (Fe)........................... 3.5%
Silicon Dioxide (Si)........ 22.9%
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I had a hard time finding soft rock phosphate - so glad to have found this! Just what I needed. Great price and quick shipping.