Humic Acid is one of the best natural bio-stimulant products, helping to; improve the uptake of minerals, stimulate plant growth, and improve the plant’s natural resistance to environmental stresses. Humic Acids are intermediate chelators. Chelates are organic molecules that attach to mineral ions like a claw holding them, making them available to plants. Humic Acid surrounds mineral ions and helps to transport them through the cell membrane of plants and release them inside the cell making Humic Acids a powerful tool for mineral deficiencies in plants.
Humic Acids are naturally found in manure, peat, lignite coal, and leonardite; a highly oxidized form of organic matter and the source for most Humic Acid products.
Humic Acids work great as a food source for beneficial microorganisms. If you are having disease problems or wish to increase the fungal component in your soil we highly recommend applying Humic Acid.
Humic Acids have been shown to increase seed germination rates, aid in breaking up clay and compacted soils, support the transfer of micro nutrients between soil and plant, and improve water retention within soils.
Treating soils with Humic Acid will promote large population of beneficial microorganisms. Diverse and active soil ecosystems are essential to the process of unlocking elemental and nutrient compounds in soils.
- Accelerates production of nucleic acids
- Enhances photosynthesis and respiration
- Increases cationic exchange
- Improves plant’s natural resistance to environmental stresses
Humic Acids can be used; as a foliar spray, soil drench, an amendment to soil / potting planting mixes, compost tea and in hydroponic applications.
Foliar sprays of Humic Acid make a great tonic for sick cuttings, especially when combined with our Soluble Kelp Powder.
- Root Drench / Hydroponic: 1 tbsp / gallon of water
- Foliar Spray: 1-2 tsp / gallon of water (add 2-3 drops of a planted based liquid soap or a wetting agent)
- Rooting / Cuttings: If your cuttings are slow to root, or if the leaves start to turn yellow and fall off, try using a fine mist of Humic Acid and kelp at a 5:2 ratio. Virginia Tech performed a 10-year study on organic biostimulants finding that five parts of Humic Acid combined with two parts of Soluble Kelp Powder worked 50% better than either product alone.