Soluble Humic Acid
Humic Acid is one of the best natural biological stimulants for soil. Our fully soluble Humic Acid powder contains 60% humic acid and 7% Potassium in the form of K2O. This is a powerful OMRI listed Soluble Humic Acid Powder and makes a wonderful ingredient for compost tea.
- Stimulates plant growth
- Helps improve the availability of minerals and nutrients
- Accelerates the production of nucleic acids
- Enhances photosynthesis and respiration
- Increases Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC)
- Improves plant’s natural resistance to environmental stresses
- Root Drench / Hydroponic: 1 tbsp / gallon of water
- Foliage Spray: 1-2 tsp / gallon of water (add 2-3 drops of a planted based liquid soap or a wetting agent)
- Compost Tea: 1 tsp per gallon or 1 tbsp per 5 gallons of compost tea
- Rooting / Cuttings: If your cuttings are slow to root, or if the leaves start to turn yellow and fall off, try using a fine mist of 5 parts Humic Acid with 2 parts soluble kelp powder. Virginia Tech performed a 10-year study on organic bio-stimulants used on turf grasses. Their finding concluded that five parts of Humic Acid combined with two parts of Soluble Kelp Powder worked 50% better than either product alone.
- Rough estimate for 1 gallon: 1/16th tsp of kelp 1/8th tsp of soluble humic acid per gallon of water
Humic Acids are intermediate chelators. Chelates are organic molecules that attach to mineral ions like a claw holding them, making them available to plants. Humic Acid surrounds mineral ions and helps to transport them through the cell membrane of plants and release them inside the cell making Humic Acids a powerful tool for mineral deficiencies in plants.
Humic Acids work great as a food source for beneficial microorganisms. If you are having disease problems or wish to increase the fungal component in your soil we highly recommend applying Humic Acid.
Humic Acids have been shown to increase seed germination rates, aid in breaking up clay and compacted soils, support the transfer of micro nutrients between soil and plant, and improve water retention within soils.
Treating soils with Humic Acid will promote large population of beneficial microorganisms. Diverse and active soil ecosystems are essential to the process of unlocking elemental and nutrient compounds in soils
Humic Acids can be used to help speed up composting. Humic acids help to feed and stimulate microbial populations and will act as a compost accelerator.