Fish Bone Meal
Sale Sold out
Regular price $5.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
Organic Fish Bone Meal is an organic general purpose fertilizer providing 5% nitrogen, 16% phosphorus, and 12% - 17% calcium. Fish bone meal fertilizer is an organic marine-based alternative to traditional steamed bone meal. Our fish bone meal fertilizer is derived from fresh harvested white fish processed for human consumption. The raw fish material is cooked and the bone is separated and dried under high temperature conditions.
Our Certified Organic Fish Bone Meal Fertilizer is a fine textured powder that is light brown in color and free from any foreign material or bone pieces. Fish bone meal has a mild fish smell.
Vegetable Gardens & Flower Beds:
- 2 tbsp. per square foot; mix into the top 3″ of garden soil
- 3-6 lbs per 100 square feet; mix into the top 3″ of soil
- New transplants: 1-2 tbsp per hole, mix into soil and water in well
- Established plants: Side-dress with 2-4 oz once each month during the growing season to promote fruiting and flowering
Bulbs: Add 1 tbsp per hole for average size bulbs, more for larger varieties. Mix thoroughly into soil and water in.
- For new plantings: add 1-2 tbsp per gallon of soil and mix thoroughly
- 3-6 lbs per cubic yard of soil or soil-less mix
- For established plants: Mix 1-2 tbsp per gallon container. Work into the soil surface once each month during the growing season.
Trees & Shrubs:
- Established Trees: 1 lb of Fish Bone Meal per 2″ of trunk diameter. Mix into the soil surface from the trunk outwards to the drip line and water-in.
- New Trees: 1-2 cups mixed with the back-fill soil. Prepare the transplant hole, mix amendments with the soil, fill-in around the new tree, water-in.
Row Crops/Acreage: Apply 500-1,000 lbs per acre depending on specific crop needs or required pounds of actual nitrogen per acre.
Fish Bone Meal Fertilizer is USDA Certified Organic and National Organic Program (NOP) Compliant.
Use with any of our organic Potassium (K) sources to create a balanced all-purpose fertilizer.