Bone Meal 2-14-0 offers a natural source of phosphorus and calcium for organic gardens, flowering trees/ shrubs, and ornamental plants. Phosphorus is recognized as one of the primary nutrients responsible for proper root development and the healthy production of flowers and fruit. Available phosphorus within the soil will help in reducing transplant shock by encouraging healthy root development; giving plants what they need to assimilate nutrients from the soil. The phosphorus and calcium levels in our organic steamed bone meal are ideal for nourishing plants throughout the flowering cycle. Bone Meal is an indispensable organic soil amendment for root crops such as carrots, potatoes, beets, turnips, etc.
Bulbs & Tubers:
- 1 tbsp. per bulb / tuber mix into plant site and water in well
- 3 - 6 lbs. per 100 sq. ft.
Vegetables & Flower beds:
- apply 1/4 to 1/2 cup as a side dressing for established plants and water-in
Trees & Shrubs:
- 1- 2 cups for each transplant site. Mix into the back-fill soil.
- 1 lb. for every 2" trunk diameter spreading out to the drip line and water-in
- 1 - 2 tbsp. for every gallon of soil
- Mix 1 - 2 tbsp. into the soil surface around established plants and water-in
- 3 - 6 lbs. per cu. yard of soil or compost