Along the 12,500 mile Norwegian coastline, mineral-rich mountain waters, arctic waters and the Gulf Stream come together to create the perfect conditions for growing the finest seaweed harvested anywhere in the world (Ascophyllum Nodosum). Our Norwegian Algamin Kelp Meal is cut fresh, cleaned and desalted, dried slowly, and ground into dust-free meal. Our Norwegian Kelp Meal is an organic, pollutant-free renewable resource.
Used by farmers for its rich value, seaweed feeds plants with a wide range of nutrients, growth bio-stimulants and conditioners. Kelp Meal is a rich, natural, organic source of both macronutrients, Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P), Potassium (K), Calcium (Ca), Magnesium (Mg), Sulfur (S) and micronutrients (eg. Manganese (Mn), Copper (Cu), Iron (Fe), Zinc (Zn),). Ascophyllum Nodosum Norwegian Algamin Kelp Meal contains at least 60 Minerals or Elements, over 12 Vitamins and 21 Amino Acids (including the 17 considered vital) at a fraction of the price of mined minerals and synthetic vitamins.
- Amending Soil: Apply 1 lb. per 100 square feet or 50 row feet crops (for rows 2' wide)
- Transplanting: Add 2-3 tbsp into the soil per planting site
- Established Plants: Work 1/8 - 1/4 cup of Kelp Meal into the soil around existing plants
Kelp meal is also host to cytokinins, auxin like gibberellins, betaines, mannitol, organic acids, polysaccharides, amino acids, and proteins all essential building blocks of life.
- Organic soil amendment and natural fertilizer.
- Stimulates development: Kelp functions as a catalyst increasing the levels of your plants’ chlorophyll production, helping them to use the sun’s energy more effectively promoting stronger, healthier growth.
- Feeds the soil: Artificial fertilizers, while offering impressive results in the short term, do so by neglecting the long term health of the soil. Healthy Soil is the key to healthy plants. Kelp greatly helps to improve this (generally overlooked) part of our plant’s ecosystem. Kelp also provides an excellent food source for the organisms that cycle nutrients and feed the plants. A diverse soil ecosystem with a good source of food will help to create an extended root system, giving your plants greater access to nutrients and water in the soil. Norwegian Algamin Kelp is an excellent food for compost as well.
- Natural resistance: Stimulating beneficial soil microbe activity creates a biological barrier in the root zone where the greater numbers of beneficial microbes outcompete pathogens. This can leads to improving your plants’ natural resistance to stresses.
- How Seaweed works: Sea Kelp contains a large complex of soluble trace elements that help plants with mineral deficiencies. It also contains important growth stimulants, which have a tremendous effect on seed germination, root development, and general growth.